Summer Conference (13th: 1992: Boulder, Colo.)
Sponsored by Natural Resources Law Center, University of Colorado School of Law and the Rocky Mountain Ground-Water Conference, organized by the Colorado Ground-Water Association.
Faculty for the conference included University of Colorado School of Law professor Lawrence J. MacDonnell.
Nearly half the people in the United States rely on groundwater as their primary water source. As demands for groundwater grow, it becomes increasingly important for lawyer and technical professionals to understand the legal and hydrologic issues arising in groundwater development, use, and protection. These issues will be the focus of the Center's thirteenth annual summer program, June 15-17, 1992.
This year the Center is holding its water program in conjunction with the Rocky Mountain Ground-Water Conference, organized by the Colorado Ground-Water Association.
Joint sessions with the Rocky Mountain Ground-Water Conference will include:
• an introduction to groundwater law and hydrology;
• a demonstration and analysis of an expert witness examination;
• an overview of state and federal programs aimed at protecting groundwater quality;
• a panel discussion of the clean-up of the Rocky Mountain Arsenal; and
• a critical evaluation of today's groundwater clean-up-approaches.
Separate sessions focused on groundwater law and policy will include panel discussions on:
• groundwater development proposals in Colorado's San Luis Valley and Nevada's rural counties;
• groundwater management issues in the Tucson Active Management Area (Ariwna), Southern California's intensively managed groundwater basins, and the Edwards Aquifer in Texas; and
• the intersection of groundwater quality and groundwater allocation in the San Gabriel Valley, California.
Sarah F. Bates, Amy Lange
University of Colorado Boulder. Natural Resources Law Center, Rocky Mountain Ground-Water Conference (1992), and Colorado Ground-Water Association, "AGENDA: Uncovering the Hidden Resource: Groundwater Law, Hydrology and Policy in the 1990s" (1992). Uncovering the Hidden Resource: Groundwater Law, Hydrology, and Policy in the 1990s (Summer Conference, June 15-17).
Uncovering the Hidden Resource: Ground-Water Law, Hydrology, and Policy in the 1990s
Courts Commons, Environmental Health and Protection Commons, Environmental Law Commons, Evidence Commons, Hydraulic Engineering Commons, Judges Commons, Litigation Commons, Natural Resources Law Commons, Natural Resources Management and Policy Commons, Science and Technology Law Commons, State and Local Government Law Commons, Water Law Commons, Water Resource Management Commons